Kathy Griffin Divorces
Comedian Kathy Griffin has filed for divorce from her husband Randy Bick, just days before celebrating what would have been their four year wedding anniversary. The couple tied the knot in a surprise ceremony on New Year’s Day 2020, after dating on and off for eight years.
According to TMZ, Griffin filed the divorce documents in Los Angeles County on Thursday, December 29, 2023. The reason for the split is not yet clear, but sources told the outlet that it was not acrimonious and that the two remain friends.
Griffin and Bick met in 2011 at a food festival in Los Angeles and hit it off despite their 19-year age difference. Griffin, 61, previously joked that she thought Bick, 42, was just a “man-whore” and that their relationship would be a fling.
However, the pair soon moved in together and shared their lives with their two rescue dogs, Pom and Larry. Bick also worked as Griffin’s tour manager and supported her through some of the toughest moments of her career, such as the backlash she faced for posing with a fake severed head of former President Donald Trump in 2017.
The controversial stunt caused Griffin to lose many of her gigs, sponsors, and friends, and also strained her relationship with Bick’s family, who were Trump supporters. Griffin later revealed that the incident was one of the factors that led to their brief breakup in 2018.
“We’ve really been through so much together. We’ve been together over eight years. Even though he’s 19 years younger, we both turned to each other and realized, this is the longest relationship for both of us, you know?” Griffin told Entertainment Tonight in 2019, after they reconciled.
The couple decided to get married in a low-key ceremony at Griffin’s home on January 1, 2020, with actress Lily Tomlin officiating. Griffin announced the news on Twitter, writing, “Surprise! We’re married! The entire ceremony was just under 14 minutes but I have to say I do love him. And I’m not gonna lie, he makes me laugh like nobody else.”
Griffin also shared a video of the wedding, which showed her wearing a white gown and Bick wearing a black suit. The two exchanged vows and rings, and kissed as Tomlin pronounced them husband and wife.
The marriage was Griffin’s second, after she divorced software entrepreneur Matthew Moline in 2005. She accused Moline of stealing money from her over an 18-month period. She also dated Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak from 2007 to 2008.
Griffin has not yet commented on her divorce from Bick, but she recently opened up about her health struggles, including her lung cancer diagnosis and surgery, and her addiction to painkillers and alcohol. She said she was in recovery and hoped to make a comeback in comedy.
Why is Kathy Griffin Getting Divorced
According to various news sources, Kathy Griffin and Randy Bick have filed for divorce after nearly four years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple got married on New Year’s Day in 2020, in a ceremony officiated by Lily Tomlin. They have no children together and have signed a prenuptial agreement. The reason for their split is not publicly known.
Kathy Griffin Randy Bick Age Difference
Kathy Griffin and Randy Bick have an 18-year age difference. Griffin is 63 years old and Bick is 45 years old as of 2021. They met in 2011 and got married in 2020, but filed for divorce in 2023.
What is kathy griffin doing now 2024
Kathy Griffin is a comedian and actress who is recovering from lung cancer and complex PTSD. She is also preparing for her comeback tour in 2024, titled “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the PTSD-list”.
Did Kathy Griffin date Steve Wozniak?
Yes, Kathy Griffin and Steve Wozniak dated for about nine months from mid-2007 to early 2008. They met at a comedy show and hit it off despite their age difference and different backgrounds. They broke up amicably and remained friends.
Does Kathy Griffin have any kids?
No, Kathy Griffin does not have any kids. She made a decision not to have children and never regretted it.
How old is Kathleen Griffin?
Kathleen Griffin, also known as Kathy Griffin, is a comedian and actress who was born on November 4, 1960. She is currently 63 years old.
How did Kathy Griffin get into comedy?
Kathy Griffin got into comedy after taking classes with the Groundlings, an improvisational sketch comedy troupe in Los Angeles. She became part of their regular cast in 1985 and later started performing stand-up comedy with her friends Margaret Cho and Janeane Garofalo. She was influenced by the alternative comedy scene that rejected traditional one-liners and embraced a confessional style.
What are some of Kathy Griffin’s famous jokes?
Kathy Griffin is a comedian and actress who is known for her sharp wit and self-deprecating humor. She often makes fun of celebrities, politics, religion, and herself. Here are some of her famous jokes:
- I love to make fun of fashion because it is just so silly. I can criticize your religion all I want, and you can criticize mine. I don’t like this whole climate of, ‘You can’t ever say anything bad about the group I’m in, cause every group is untouchable.
- I was raised right — I talk about people behind their backs. It’s called manners.
- I love Oprah but she thinks she’s Jesus. And when she gets a papercut, she’s like, “Oh, Stigmata.” “No, Oprah, it’s not stigmata.” “But, I…” “Get off the cross and do your show.”
- It’s too much trouble to get laid. ‘Cause you have to go out with a guy, go to dinner with him and listen to him talk about his opinions. And I don’t have that kind of time.
- Gwyneth Paltrow names her kid Apple. I’m not going to let that stand.
- I believe fully in making fun of children. I believe very strongly that you should never make fun of an embryo or your ovaries. I am a big believer on breaking those rules.
What are some of Kathy Griffin’s TV shows?
Kathy Griffin is a comedian and actress who has appeared in many TV shows, both as an actor and as a guest. Some of her TV shows are:
- Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (2005-2010), a reality show that followed her personal and professional life.
- Suddenly Susan (1996-2000), a sitcom where she played Vicki Groener, a sarcastic and cynical staff writer for a magazine.
- Kathy (2012-2013), a late-night talk show where she interviewed celebrities and discussed pop culture topics.
- Glee (2011), a musical comedy-drama where she guest-starred as Tammy Jean Albertson, a conservative judge for a show choir competition.
- American Dad! (2012), an animated sitcom where she voiced Kelly, a woman who dated Stan’s CIA boss.
Also Read: Mistakes to Avoid When Initiating a Divorce